I jot things down a lot. I tend to write lots of notes.
Some insights from this?
- You’ll likely forget 60-80% of the things you don’t jot down. Some people claim they don’t have creativity. I think, more likely, they don’t have a good notes system.
- Let’s say you write on the phone. It’s best that at the end of the day you revisit your notes, and write them again. You’ll note better this time, not in a hurry.
- Let’s say you go to a meeting, you take some notes. It’s best to rewrite them at the end of the meeting.
- Create rituals and keep them. You’ll get better with those rituals.
- Depending on the time after witch you re-read your notes, you should write quite a few details initially. Give more details than necessary, it’s the better option.